Meeting Dates for 2020-21
- AUGUST: Wednesday, August 12th at 7pm
- SEPTEMBER: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15th at 7pm (new date and time!)
- OCTOBER: Wednesday, October 7th at 7pm
- NOVEMBER: Thursday, November 5th at 7pm
- DECEMBER: Wednesday, December 2nd at 7pm
- JANUARY: Thursday, January 7th at 7pm
- FEBRUARY: Wednesday, February 3rd at 7pm
- MARCH: No Meeting planned, but do attend the Thursday, March 4th School District Meeting
- APRIL: Thursday, April 8th at 7pm
- MAY: Wednesday, May 5th at 7pm
- JUNE: Thursday, June 3rd at 7pm
We do sometimes shift dates or times of meetings when school events bump up against them, so it's important to check the PTO Facebook page or this website for any last minute changes.
Past Meeting Minutes
By-Laws (adopted August 29, 2019)
PROGRAMS & PROJECTS
- The School Directory (August-September-October)—A team updates a printed booklet, which contains students’ and parents’ names, addresses, and contact details.
- The Artist-in-Residence Program — The PTO arranges for an artist (either visual, musical, or movement) to visit and work with students of all grades, K-8. This hands-on program brings expertise from sources outside the school to engage all of our students.
- Box Tops for Education (October, February & May)—A team works together to coordinate collection, counting, and submission of box top vouchers, which are cut from participating-brand packages that school families may have bought.
- Spirit Wear (ongoing)—A team works to create an item that will encourage school spirit, works with a supplier/maker to create the items, and sells the items. Proceeds support AIR and other PTO initiatives.
- Amazon Smile. If you shop at Amazon, please use Amazon Smile, selecting LSPA (Lyme School Partnership Association) as your charity of choice. .5% of the sales go to the charity and this will support Artist in Residence. How to do it? Simple, visit our Lyme School Partnership Association Unique Charity Link:
https://smile.amazon.com/ch/84-3088728 - you must always CHECK OUT from smile.amazon.com though (that can be hard to remember!) even if you have us selected. Give it a try!
- Playground and Gardens--Three work days are organized (Fall, Spring, Summer) to tackle any playground or garden projects. This ranges from repairing and building to pruning and planting. Volunteers are always needed to help, as many hands make light work. Work is ongoing throughout the year as issues arise, but the majority of the work is done on the larger community work days. We need a coordinator for this.
- First Day Welcome Boo Hoo Breakfast (August-First Day of School) — breakfast specifically geared to Kinder parents, but all are welcome to join in first day jitters and joys. CANCELLED DUE TO COVID
- Back to School Swap & Shop (September) — in conjunction with the CCL who holds this event every year at the Lyme Academy Building, the PTO organizes a used children's clothing pay-what-you-wish sale. Those volunteers that come to help sort the clothes get to shop first. The event is a potluck and is a great way to meet neighbors as it's not just a school event.
- LymeFest (September) - a relaxed musical afternoon at the Lyme Academy building featuring Lyme musicians, live band karaoke fundraiser, a raffle for local musical acts and an opportunity to support the 7th and 8th graders raising money for their own DC trip by buying food from their food stands. CANCELLED DUE TO COVID
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation Lunches (November and April) — parent-volunteers sign up to make a crockpot soup/chili, sandwich or dessert tray for the teachers during conference week (when teachers meet with parents).
- Giving Tree (December) — Lyme School families provide gifts for those in need by selecting a snowflake from the giving tree located in the school lobby, purchase the item(s) on the snowflake and return the gifts to school.
- Jingle and Mingle (December) — Music, mingling and holiday shopping. Children can buy low cost gifts and wrap them for the holidays for family and friends.
- Trivia Night (January or February) — A fundraiser for the Artist-in-Residence Program and also a forum for the classes to auction items in order to raise funds to offset the cost of each grade’s trip to Washington DC, when they reach 8th grade. http://www.lymeschool.org/trivia-night. CANCELLED DUE TO COVID
- Barn Dance (June)— an end of year school celebration with music (contradance/caller) and a pie auction, open to the Lyme community. We are looking for a three more people to serve on the committee and are open to having not just contradance but perhaps a DJ or other fun music that the kids that don't like contradance could enjoy. Contact us if you can help. Preliminary planning is starting now, but the main work will be from February on. Assuming CANCELLED DUE TO COVID