Children may bring lunch from home or purchase lunch items at Lyme School. Students eat lunch in the cafeteria supervised by an adult.

For convenience purposes, each student is automatically provided with an individual pre-paid lunch account to purchase lunch and milk in the cafeteria. Accounts may be monitored online for the convenience of families at: 

Mealtime Logo

Menus are posted on our website. Menus are based on the nutritional guidelines of the National School Lunch Program.


A nutritious meal before arrival at school and a mid-session snack provide necessary fuel for a child's active mind and body. We ask parents to provide a nutritious snack for their children each day, to be eaten in the classroom during the morning snack period. Gum is not allowed. Healthy snacks are encouraged. Students may not bring glass containers on the school bus or to school, but we recommend that students bring a plastic water bottle.


Birthdays may be recognized in the classroom. If a child brings a birthday cake or cupcakes at snack time, all children in the class must be included. Unless the entire class is included, private birthday party invitations may not be given out at school.

Children may bring Valentines to school only if they plan to give one to each child in the class.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.