Past Meeting Minutes
By-Laws (adopted August 29, 2019)
PROGRAMS & PROJECTS
- The School Directory (August-September-October)—A team updates a printed booklet, which contains students’ and parents’ names, addresses, and contact details.
- The Artist-in-Residence Program — The PTO arranges for an artist (either visual, musical, or movement) to visit and work with students of all grades, K-8. This hands-on program brings expertise from sources outside the school to engage all of our students.
- Box Tops for Education (October, February & May)—A team works together to coordinate collection, counting, and submission of box top vouchers, which are cut from participating-brand packages that school families may have bought.
- Spirit Wear (ongoing)—A team works to create an item that will encourage school spirit, works with a supplier/maker to create the items, and sells the items. Proceeds support AIR and other PTO initiatives.
- Playground and Gardens--Three work days are organized (Fall, Spring, Summer) to tackle any playground or garden projects. This ranges from repairing and building to pruning and planting. Volunteers are always needed to help, as many hands make light work. Work is ongoing throughout the year as issues arise, but the majority of the work is done on the larger community work days. We need a coordinator for this.
- First Day Welcome Boo Hoo Breakfast (August-First Day of School-8/28) — breakfast specifically geared to Kinder parents, but all are welcome to join in first day jitters and joys.
- Back to School Swap & Shop (September 8th from 4-7pm) — in conjunction with the CCL who holds this event every year at the Lyme Academy Building, the PTO organizes a used children's clothing pay-what-you-wish sale. Those volunteers that come to help sort the clothes get to shop first. The event is a potluck and is a great way to meet neighbors as it's not just a school event.
- LymeFest (September 15th from 3-7pm) - a relaxed musical afternoon at the Lyme Academy building featuring Lyme musicians, live band karaoke fundraiser, a raffle for local musical acts and an opportunity to support the 7th and 8th graders raising money for their own DC trip by buying food from their food stands.
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation Lunches (November 18-22 & April 6-10) — parent-volunteers sign up to make a crockpot soup/chili, sandwich or dessert tray for the teachers during conference week (when teachers meet with parents). Sign up for November is ready now: http://bit.ly/nov-teacher-luncheon
- Jingle and Mingle (December 22nd) — Music, mingling and holiday shopping. Children can buy low cost gifts and wrap them for the holidays for family and friends.
- Trivia Night (January 25th) — A fundraiser for the Artist-in-Residence Program (see below) and also a forum for the classes to auction items in order to raise funds to offset the cost of each grade’s trip to Washington DC, when they reach 8th grade.
- Barn Dance (Hoping to Restart this for June 2020)— an end of year school celebration with music (contradance/caller) and a pie auction, open to the Lyme community. We are looking for a three more people to serve on the committee and are open to having not just contradance but perhaps a DJ or other fun music that the kids that don't like contradance could enjoy. Contact us if you can help. Preliminary planning is starting now, but the main work will be from February on.