Unexpired Term Fulfillment
Any member who for any reason cannot fulfill
the term of his/her elected office should provide immediate
notice in writing to the Chair of the Board.
Appointments to unexpired terms will be made by the Board
1. An announcement of the vacancy will be published locally.
Such announcement can precede the effective date of resignation
by a Board member.
2. The announcement will invite individuals to submit letters
of interest to the Board, c/o the Superintendent's office.
3. The Board, or a committee of the Board, will interview
potential appointees. If still a member of the Board, the
resigning member may participate in this process.
4. In certain circumstances, as prescribed in RSA 91-A:1,
the Board may meet in non-public session to discuss the potential
5. The Board, by a majority vote, will appoint the new member
at a public meeting. Such action will be noticed on the agenda
for that meeting.
Newly appointed Board members shall serve until the completion
of the next regular town meeting elections in March.
ADOPTED: 8 September 1977
REVISED: 12 November 1998
REVISED: 23 October 2008
RSA 91-A (access to public records and meetings)
RSA 197:26 (school board fills vacancies by appointment until
next district election)
RSA 671:33 (same)